Monday, November 30, 2009

More Sketches from the sketch group and randomness


Ive been really getting into it now. The sketch group on sat was awesome. We went from the Noho subway station to Union station, sketching along the way. Happened to create a bit of commotion, many people were watching us try to draw other people. Had no idea it would be so entertaining. Then we walked around Olivera street for a while, drawing people here and there, had some awesome mexican food, and more drawing. Also, I know my main focus is going to be environment conception, but I've been drawn to (pardon the pun) the human figure much more lately. I think knowing how to draw people will help me draw better environments... if that makes sense. I guess, dimensions, and relationships, and shading technique... So I've been doing a lot of that lately. Its hard to see the subtle differences of shading in and around the cheek bones, and around the eyes. I'm still sorta generalizing it, but I've decided it'd help to convert the images to black and white, then crank the curves, so really clearly see whats darker and whats brighter. Anyway, here's some of the recent stuff from my sketchbook. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment